Wednesday, November 7, 2007

LOOOOOONG over due TR Update


I have no good excuse as to why I haven't updated my blog in a ridiculous amount of time. My bad excuses include being busy at work, feeling like I have nothing to say, and procrastination. I won't give an exhaustive account as the vast majority of you already know everything.

Craig and I had an awesome time. The group we went with (Erik & Mike, Tori & Cindy, and of course our support, Pete and Amber) was amazing. I don't think we could have asked for a better group to hang out with around the RV after and before the racing.

The racing was very competitive this year which is great. Craig and I had our best finish on day one which was 7th (after starting in about the 5th or 6th to last row of over 600 racers). I think the technical nature of the course and the fact that it was a short stage played to our advantage. For the rest of the week we hovered just outside of the top ten and had some good racing. We worked with and raced hard against out "roomies" Erik and Mike on several occasions. In the end, we ended up 12th.

I can't say enough about Craig's effort and competitiveness over the course of the seven stages. Everyday he gave 100% or more. Well done.

I won't be doing the TR next year but I have at least one other big stage race that I have committed to (which I will blog about soon). However, I recently heard the news that Erik and Craig have formed a team for next year that I'm positive they will be very successful. Good luck guys.

No comments: